- Goodness and Value in the Creation
- Genesis 1
- Matthew 6
- Job 38-42
- 1 Timothy 4
- Ascetic Practices
- Abstaining from Marriage (Complete Rejection of Sex)
- Abstaining from Certain Foods
- The Danger of the Mindset - Colossians 2:18
- Consequences of Saying the Material World is Evil
- Jesus Could Not Be both God and Man
- The Practices of Gnosticism
- Marriage and Sex
- God's Design
- "Be fruitful and multiply"
- 1 Corinthians 6-7
- Married people have stopped having sex (1 Cor. 7)
- Non-married people are having sex (1 Cor. 6)
- Two Distortions of "IT IS GOOD. NOW RULE OVER IT."
- Asceticism (denies the goodness)
- Indulgence (denies the control/rule)
- So How Do We Partake of the Created Order? (1 Tim. 4)
- Avoiding Extremes & Distortions
In what ways does our culture tempt us to engage in indulgence? In what ways have we overreacted to the point of unhealthy asceticism? We welcome your feedback! Please submit all comments in a spirit of love and edification.