One important part of planning a mission trip is a good timeline. You need to give yourself an enough amount of time to effectively plan, prepare, and execute. Here are some tips when it comes to the timeline of planning a mission trip, as well as, some reminders of things to think about for each mission trip whether it is a domestic or foreign mission trip.
Where are we going? Domestic or Foreign?
- This will help give you the direction for training, funding.
- Learn the area for customs, population demographics, crime rate, history of the church and past mission work.
- You will leave in a few days and the local congregation has to build upon your work.
- You will need to fee, house, transport and provide materials for everyone.
- Do not assume the local congregation will provide any of these things.